Areas of Activity
Our goals are simple: increase the corridor’s perceived and actual value as a regional asset & destination, and remain a valued partner, trusted advisor, and catalytic agent in the region.
The NRHC aims to:
- Establish PA’s portion of the National Road as a 90-mile museum, offering inclusive, immersive educational experiences that create deep connections to our region’s history.
- Support makers, artists, and producers in calling our region home by linking them with resources, access to markets and capital, and opportunities to create impactful connections within their communities.
- Collaborate with heritage assets and communities to preserve and celebrate their histories and bring forward the stories that shape the corridor
- Facilitate regional Main Street programs that offer shared resources, technical assistance, and partnerships to encourage the revitalization of historic downtowns
- Working with partners to enhance and conserve the region’s natural and recreational assets to support healthy people & places, increase tourism, create new jobs, and spur thoughtful investment.
Education and Preservation
- Local History Academy for Teachers
- East End Oral History Project
- Lifelong Learners
- Fort Gattis Archeology Study
- Searights Tollhouse
- Main Street Development
- Monongahela River Water Trail
- Friends of the Sheepskin Trail
- Fayette Outdoor Towns
- National Road Pike Days Festival
- Heritage Towns Driving Guide
- Between 2 Rivers
- Artist Trail
- National Road Visitor App
- Washington County Heritage Alliance
- Fayette County Tourism Alliance